All I need is memory

As I practice this I find the hardest part is remembering how to get in! I suppose I'll get better but I'm recovering my password way to much.
This last weekend we took an off grid vacation unlike the one planned which is totally wired. (My luggage may set off alarms...no one could need that much stuff. Hope my clothes fit too.) Lloyd planned the whole thing and kept it totally secret from everyone. It was really sweet. The day before we left he emailed an expected weather report and noted that I could leave my formals at home.
Friday morning we leave for SFO and fly to Medford, OR. Then we drive a couple hours west. The farm land was georgeous and that and forest is all there is. The roads get smaller and smaller till finally its basically gravel and we're at Takilma, Or. The b&b is made up of tree houses! for real. Ours (on the left) was just 10-12 feet off the ground and accessed by a solid stair and a plank and rope bridge but others were 60 feet up and the bridges were alot longer (think adventure movie bridges over jungle rivers). Picture as soon as I figure this out. (I may not have this picture thing down.)
Saturday started with a trail ride after breakfast and Lloyd wanted to come for the first time ever but no horse could carry him. :-( Then we drove out to explore the countryside and finished up with dinner with our friends the Sumpters. Home just under curfew at 10pm. Sunday we slept in and about 11 drove out to hike in the Oregon Caves. It was pretty cool Literally at 42 degrees. About a 1.5 hour hike. Saw many wonderous formations. Amazing the power of water. Wandered over to the airport and home about 11pm. A delightful weekend.
Adventures continue,
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home