Saturday, July 01, 2006

I like Taxis

Friday, our last in New York! Tomorrow we join up with Lloyd (yippee) in Philadelphia. Once again our day is skewed and we are finally all up at 11am. Cindy and I started our day about 9 but still later that normal at home. We went to get the laundry other than a now lime green tank top (was yellow) it was all good and much easier than doing it by hand.

The girls wanted to see the Devil wears Prada. I think it could have been cut a bit more or some side plots developed it was very linear but we enjoyed it. We had planned on theatre hotdogs for lunch but the were none available! Popcorn fills but doesn't last.

There were two places in NY we hadn't seen and that's about all they needed to my mind so we took a taxi downtown to see ground Zero since we only had an hour to get to that and dinner. Kept the taxi while we looked and then had him take us over to Soho for our dinner and theatre.

Dinner was alright although the appetizers were better than the main course. None the less we enjoyed the meal. It was phillipeano and just down the street from the theatre. We saw "Fools in Love" a 50's setting of Mid Summer Nights Dream aimed primarily at kids with lots of audience participation and pared to 1 act. We had excellant seats on the aisle and they brought Me on stage!!

I was unclear as to my role not being terribly familiar with the nuances of the plot. It seemed as if Oberon was out to make his wife jealous but then again maybe that wasn't the point. It was alot of fun. Katt and Victoria will undoubtedly have a better take on this.

After the show I wanted to see Times Square so we caught another cab and took a less direct route home! For the four of us a taxi was alot better buy than a tour bus would have been. We got to most of the places a bus would have taken us for a lot less $$ and over the 5 days we were here. I balked at the on and off tours because many of the stops are not the look and leave type attractions.

Times Square was worth seeing and especially at night all lit up. I expect it looks rather taudry in the day without its fine clothes. With minors a taxi was perfect. Las Vegas does the bright lights better as Times Square is only 6 blocks but it is a sight.

Altogether I am ready to move on but would gladly return to this amazing city. There is so much to see and do here. The surface hasn't even been scratched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home